Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] fontforge packaging in git: caveats, instructions, good news, and next steps

On 03/12/2012 03:47 AM, john knightley wrote:
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor<dkg@fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
i've just done a brief review -- i think #656443 (crash on expand stroke)
is the only fix that is handled directly by the upstream "release"; i've
marked it as such in the changelog in git.

When I have built Fontforge from source on i386 Maverick, Natty, and Oneric
Ubunutu the this bug is present, unlike some others mentioned in February,
so I would agree that this is a problem with the upstream.

Hm, i don't think we're agreeing actually. I'm saying that using a packaged git snapshot from the upstream repository appears to *fix* #656443 for me. It sounds to me like you're saying building from upstream git *doesn't* fix the expand stroke crash for you. Is that right?

I'm not sure what "some others" are -- can you give a concrete reference to these others?

	--dkg