[Pkg-fonts-devel] Please register the psnfss fonts with fontconfig

Package: texlive-fonts-recommended
Severity: wishlist
Tags: patch

Hi,

please register the common PostScript fonts provided by the psnfss
package for usage with fontconfig. This would be the 35 Postscript core
fonts plus Bitstream Charter and Adobe Utopia. I think with this set,
together with tex-gyre and lmodern, we finally make the most relevant
TeX fonts available for fontconfig. The first set may be redundant with
gsfonts and the Charter may be redundant with xfonts-scalable, but they
are installed as duplicates anyway. Let fontconfig select the version it
prefers. ;)

 - Fabian