Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] Sponsor for the Font "Pecita"

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting Maison en a Pecita (acquadoria@gmail.com):
> I also don't really understand the need for the following in
> debian/rules:
>
> build-stamp: configure-stamp
>        dh_testdir
>        mkdir build
>        cd build; cp ../Pecita.otf ./
>

> Indeed, this package is a very good candidate for having a one-liner
> dh7-style debian/rules. You may want to look at one of the many font
> packages maintained by the team.

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 9:42 PM, Maison en a Pecita
<acquadoria@gmail.com> wrote:
> Christian,
>
> I tested a binary package: it does'nt work and I must restore the
> build-stamp.

Just removing the build-stamp alone isn't enough. Your build-stamp
target copies the otf file to build/ and then your install target
installs it from that build/ directory with:  install -m 0644
build/*.otf $(CURDIR)/debian/fonts-pecita$(IFD)

So, to drop the build-stamp, you would need to adjust the install
target to: install -m 0644 *.otf $(CURDIR)/debian/fonts-pecita$(IFD)

Though, as Christian mentioned, your package could be much simpler
with a dh7-style debian/rules file. For instance, if you had a
debian/install file with the contents: *.otf
usr/share/fonts/opentype/pecita

Your debian/rules file would only need to contain:

#!/usr/bin/make -f
%:
	dh $@

I hope I explained that ok. Try looking at an existing package in the
pkg-fonts svn repository. Like:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-fonts/packages/fonts-nafees/trunk/

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> W: fonts-pecita source: native-package-with-dash-version

You need to provide fonts-pecita_3.2.orig.tar.gz when building the
source package.

> W: fonts-pecita source: debian-rules-missing-recommended-target build-arch
> W: fonts-pecita source: debian-rules-missing-recommended-target build-indep

These would be fixed by using the dh7-style debian/rules file.

> W: fonts-pecita source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.4 (current is 3.9.2)

This is regarding the Standards-Version field in debian/control

> W: fonts-pecita: maintainer-script-empty prerm
> W: fonts-pecita: maintainer-script-empty preinst
> W: fonts-pecita: maintainer-script-empty postinst

debian/prerm, debian/preinst, and debian/postinst are all empty and
should be removed.

The debian/docs file is also empty and can be removed.

Thanks,

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>
   Debian Maintainer