Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] RFS: fonts-play

On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 17:31 +0100, Martin Erik Werner wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 10:44 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > There is a precompiled Windows binary in the source package:
> >
> > tools/ttfautohint/ttfautohint002.exe
> >
> Facepalm! Removed.
>
> > I note a lot of the tools refer to /usr/local/bin/fontforge, that
> > should be changed to using env or /usr/bin/fontforge
> >
> I've added a patch to fix this.
>
> > I wonder if the tools should be packaged separately since future
> > Google fonts might use them too? Maybe Dave has some advice there.
> >
> Yes, this is true, and it's on my to-do, I am avoiding it for the first
> release however, would I be wrong in doing so?
>
> > fontlint complaints to forward upstream:
> >
> > Play-Bold.ttf
> > Validation Play-Bold ...Failed
> >   Self Intersecting Glyph
> >
> > Play-Regular.ttf
> > The glyph named mu is mapped to U+00B5.
> >   But its name indicates it should be mapped to U+03BC.
> > The glyph named Delta is mapped to U+2206.
> >   But its name indicates it should be mapped to U+0394.
> > Validation Play-Regular ...Failed
> >   Self Intersecting Glyph
> >
> > Play-Bold.otf
> > A point in g is outside the font bounding box data.
> > A point in gcircumflex is outside the font bounding box data.
> > A point in gbreve is outside the font bounding box data.
> > A point in gdotaccent is outside the font bounding box data.
> > A point in gcommaaccent is outside the font bounding box data.
> > A point in eng is outside the font bounding box data.
> > Validation Play-Bold ...Failed
> >   Self Intersecting Glyph
> >   Bad 'CFF ' table
> >
> > Play-Regular.otf
> > The glyph named mu is mapped to U+00B5.
> >   But its name indicates it should be mapped to U+03BC.
> > The glyph named Delta is mapped to U+2206.
> >   But its name indicates it should be mapped to U+0394.
> > A point in scedilla is outside the font bounding box data.
> > A point in perthousand.smcp is outside the font bounding box data.
> > Validation Play-Regular ...Failed
> >   Self Intersecting Glyph
> >   Bad 'CFF ' table
> >
> Right, will do.
>
> > Relevant lintian complaints:
> >
> > P: fonts-play source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary
> > tools/ttfautohint/ttfautohint002.exe
> > P: fonts-play source: unversioned-copyright-format-uri
> > http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5
> Until the proposed versioned address has been finalised, I consider it
> the friendliest compromise. But I may be wrong in this?
>
> > I: fonts-play source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
> No good way that I can see to watch a mercurial repo, archives for
> download have been suggested upstream, but those would be of the whole
> directory and not relevant to looking for new versions of a specific
> font anyways.
>
> > P: fonts-play: no-upstream-changelog
> Should I be generating this from the revision history?
>
> > P: fonts-play: data.tar.xz-member-without-dpkg-pre-depends
> >
> I've fixed this, is there anything more that would need doing for Ubuntu
> [...]

I have uploaded new versions to debexpo/mentors:

  http://mentors.debian.net/package/fonts-play
  dget -x
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/fonts-play/fonts-play_1.002
+20111215.1-1.dsc

..and to git:

  http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-fonts/fonts-play.git;a=tree
  git clone git://git.debian.org/pkg-fonts/fonts-play.git

  I've tagged the RFS uploads for easy comparison:
  git diff debian/1.002+20111214.1-1_RFS1..debian/1.002
+20111214.1-1_RFS2

Not subscribed, please CC.

Thanks,
--