[Pkg-fonts-devel] fonts-sil-gentium-basic_1.1-4_i386.changes is NEW
(new) fonts-sil-gentium-basic_1.1-4.debian.tar.gz optional fonts
(new) fonts-sil-gentium-basic_1.1-4.dsc optional fonts
(new) fonts-sil-gentium-basic_1.1-4_all.deb optional fonts
smart Unicode font families (Basic and Book Basic) based on Gentium
Gentium Basic and Gentium Book Basic are font famililes based on the original
Gentium design, but with additional weights. The "Book" family is slightly
heavier. Both families come with a complete regular, bold, italic and bold
italic set of fonts.
The supported character set, however, is much smaller than for the main
Gentium fonts. These "Basic" fonts support only the Basic Latin and Latin-1
Supplement Unicode ranges, plus a selection of the more commonly used extended
Latin characters, with miscellaneous diacritical marks, symbols and
punctuation. A much more complete character set will be supported in a future
version of the complete Gentium fonts. These "Basic" fonts are intended as a
way to provide additional weights for basic font users without waiting until
the complete Gentium character set is finished.
There are, however, some wonderful new features that are still missing from
the main Gentium family:
* Bold Italic
* The slightly-heavier Book family
* OpenType and Graphite smart code for diacritic placement
* A few useful OpenType and Graphite features Support for a few more recent
* Additions to Unicode Character assignments updated to Unicode 5.1
The font sources are available in the source package and directly on the
upstream project website.
(new) fonts-sil-gentium-basic_1.1.orig.tar.bz2 optional fonts
Changes: fonts-sil-gentium-basic (1.1-4) unstable; urgency=low
* Team upload
* Rename source package to "fonts-sil-gentium-basic" to fit the Font
Packages Naming Policy.
* Bump Standards to 3.9.2 (checked)
* Bump debhelper compatibility to 8
* Change fonts install directory from
* Drop preinst script with defoma removal handling as
even the package in stable has no more defoma-related stuff.
* Drop x-ttcidfont-conf, fontconfig et al. from Suggests
Override entries for your package:
ttf-sil-gentium-basic_1.1-4_all.deb - optional fonts
Announcing to email@example.com
Your package contains new components which requires manual editing of
the override file. It is ok otherwise, so please be patient. New
packages are usually added to the override file about once a week.
You may have gotten the distribution wrong. You'll get warnings above
if files already exist in other distributions.