Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] Q: dummy package for transition

Quoting Hideki Yamane (henrich@debian.or.jp):
> Hi,
>
>  I want to ask a few question about transition.
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-fonts/packages/fonts-arabeyes/trunk/debian/control?r1=3473&r2=3492
>
>  * Do we need dummy package for smooth transition?

I think we do need it, yes. At least from my understanding of whatever
wiki page explains how to do transitions..:-)

>  * The dummy package says "Section: oldlibs", is it true? It's not library.

This is a convention (also from my understanding). It helps in keeping
the archive clean as, from time to time, packages in this section can
be processed and checked if they are still needed.