Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] [Pkg-fonts-commits] r3234 - packages

On 16/03/11 18:24, henrich@alioth.debian.org wrote:
> Author: henrich
> Date: 2011-03-16 17:24:31 +0000 (Wed, 16 Mar 2011)
> New Revision: 3234
>
> Removed:
>    packages/otf-yozvox-yozfont/
> Log:
> delete otf-yozvox-yozfont

Thanks for doing that, Hideki-san,

I don't want to sound grumpy but AFAICT there are dozens of Gigs
of fonts software in our repository from yozvox.

Great news for users (!!) but IMHO that makes it rather hard and puts on
high demands of bandwidth and storage (and time) on all users of the
svn, doesn't it?

Maybe adding all the tarballs and doing full tagging of the whole
sources is a bit too much and is not really necessary given the big size
of this particular project?

What do you all think?
What should we do?

To be clear I'm NOT advocating that we don't put as much font sources as
possible in our repo for the open fonts that we package. That's a good
thing to have when available but when the file duplication given their
big size make it difficult for others...  IMHO we should think about
potential alternative solutions.

Thanks again for all your work around Japanese fonts!

--
Nicolas Spalinger,
SIL NRSI volunteer - http://scripts.sil.org