[Pkg-fonts-devel] RFS: NEW: font-hosny-amiri

 I hope you would sponsor for the package "font-hosny-amiri".
 This package is NEW to Debian. The ITP number is: 597441

 * Package name    : font-hosny-amiri
   Version         : 0.001
   Debian Revision : 1
   Upstream Author : Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny@eglug.org>
 * URL             : http://amiri.sourceforge.net
 * License         : OFL
   Languages       : N/A
   Section         : x11
   Long description:
 Amiri font is a Naskh style, typographically oriented font, mainly for
 printing and running text.
 .
 Amiri font is a revival of the beautiful typeface pioneered by Bulaq
 Press, also known as Amiria Press, hence the name.
 .
 The uniqueness  of this  typeface comes  from its  superb balance
 between the  beauty of  Naskh calligraphy  on the  one hand,  and the
 constraints  and requirements of elegant typography on the other.  Also,
 it is one of the  few metal typefaces that were used in  typesetting the
 Koran (as opposed to  the usual handwritten calligraphy), making it a
 good source for a typeface to be used in typesetting Koranic verses.
 .
 Amiri Font Project aims  at the revival  of the aesthetics and
 traditions of Arabic  typesetting (if partially), and  adapting it to
 the era of digital typesetting, in a publicly available form.

 It builds these binary packages:
 font-hosny-amiri - Naskh style typographically oriented font

 As required, I tested the package against unstable's version of lintian and it
 is lintian clean.

 The package can be found on SVN:
 svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-fonts/packages/font-hosny-amiri/trunk

Kind regards,

--
 ‎أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
  Digital design engineer