Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] [imagemagick] RFH imaemagick

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 6:18 PM, Bastien ROUCARIES
<roucaries.bastien@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Imagemagick does use a static list of police. This could lead to problem and
>  user have already send bug report (396420). We (imagemagick
> maintainers) have not the
>  required skills to use fontconfig.
>
>  Could we get some help ?
>
>  Font are enumerated by imagemagick using
> /usr/lib/ImageMagick-6.2.4/config/type.xml
>
>  How can we create this file automatically ?

I'd suggest searching fontconfig's index at runtime using
libfontconfig instead of generating that file automatically. You can
check the source code for fc-match and fc-list for examples of how to
do this. If you go this route, please get the patch applied upstream.

If you really need to generate a file or don't have time for the first
option, do the following:

First put the file in /var/lib since it is generated.

Second, check out the discussion in #542334 and the implementation in
the gnustep-back package, which now generates its font list using the
output from fc-list.

Third, check out what other distros are doing for font configuration
with ImageMagick, you might find some helpful patches or scripts,
especially Fedora or Gentoo might have fixes. Use 'whohas imagemagick'
and Google to get some URLs to source packages.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise