Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] Status of package modernization and defoma drop work (Dec. 12 update)

Quoting Hideki Yamane (henrich@debian.or.jp):

>  Hideki, Hide, Yamane-san... You can call me anyway you like :)

Sure and thanks for this.

Still, I had the intent to be able to use The Right Way in any case,
with Japanese people.

Of course, free software folks certainly care a lot less about correct
politness than average people, so it's certainly not that a big deal
when talking with you guys. However, FLOSS work is also a way for me
to enrich my knowledge of other cultures (and that's probably true for
many people in FLOSS)...and I wanted to take a good opportunity to
learn how to do the right thing....even with people who could care
more.

So, well, as I read elsewhere it might be considered impolite to call
people by their first name or only by their last name, I also read a
little bit more about honorifics....and wanted to use them
appropriately (which is apparently something less easier than it
appears....).

Anyway, thanks a lot for your answer. I hope you'll forgive the
ignorance I show in such mails..:)