Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] ttf-dustin_20030517-3_i386.changes REJECTED

Quoting Raoul (raoulb@bluewin.ch):

> > Apparently, it seems that you, Raoul, adopted this package back in
> > 2007.
>
> Yes I did because it would have been removed from Debian as far as
> I understood. And I liked the dustin font much. (Which disappeared
> from the upstream webpage.)
>
> > I didn't notice that and started working on a new update, mostly meant
> > to "modernize" the packaging.....and it of course got rejected because
> > I worked from the -3 version while -6 is in the archive.
>
> Yes and I have some half tested updates here.
> Just a few days ago I even got an update for a font.
>
> > In case you still are interested in maintaining that package, would
> > you mind joining the pkg-fonts team and maintain the package in our
> > SVN?
>
> I do in no way object that the Debian font team takes over the
> further development of this package.
>
> Indeed I thought about the possibility of giving the package
> to the fonts team several times.
>
> So, please just tell me what I should do next.

Well, you can join the team, to get commit access to our SVN: just
create yourself an account on alioth.debian.org and report it back to
us.

Then you'll import the package in the SVN, following the way other
packages are organized (which is easy to understand)

If you really don't want that hassle, we can of course just take the
package over, but that would be the second-ranked solution, imho.

> > There are changes that should be done in it, particularly dropping the
> > use of defoma.
>
> I know about some things that should be done, but I do not have the
> required Debian specific knowledge for these things :-(

They are fairly easy to do, particularly by using other team packages
as a model..:-)