Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] Who should maintain ttf-farsiweb?

Christian Perrier wrote:
> The ttf-farsiweb package appears in the pkg-fonts team SVN.
>
> However, its control file said:
>
> Maintainer: Debian Arabic Packaging Team <debian-arabic-packages@lists.alioth.debian.org>
> Uploaders: Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>
>
> However, since that change made in 0.4.dfsg-5, only one upload
> happened....and the package is still in pkg-fonts SVN.
>
> Even more, there was, in SVN, a pendign minor change for a 0.4.dfsg-7
> version.
>
> I am currently switching all pkg-fonts maintained packages to
> debhelper 7, source 3.0 format, etc. I was also about to import the
> "upstream source" in the SVN and add a proper README.source file, etc.
>
> I started such modifications on ttf-farsiweb, withe the intent to
> upload it. However, that could be considered as a package
> hijack. Lior and Debian Arabic Packaging Team, could you confimr
> whether you want to stay maintainers of that package?

I'm mostly MIA during the last year, and should remain such till
January. Feel free to NMU the package.

If you also want to take over it, that's also fine by me.

--
Lior Kaplan
kaplan@debian.org

GPG fingerprint:
C644 D0B3 92F4 8FE4 4662  B541 1558 9445 99E8 1DA0