[Pkg-fonts-devel] Looking for a font similar to Helvetica in Debian

Hi,

[please CC me, I'm not subscribed, thank].

I'm one of the maintainers of GNU Octave in Debian. Is uses gnuplot for
plotting, which means that gdlib is used when creating .jpeg or .png
files. The default font used for such plot is currently Helvetica, which
doesn't seem to be available as TrueType font in Debian.

I would like to change the default used for printing, but now I'm
looking for a font that looks similar to Helvetica, but is available in
main as a ttf font. Can you recommend any fonts?

Thanks
	Thomas