Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] New release: GNU FreeFont

Davide,

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Davide Viti <zinosat@tiscali.it> wrote:

>  I'd like to make current version of freefont in Debian more stable by selecting
>  patches you've fixed in CVS and backporting them; at least for bugreports
>  filed by debian users and those that make the font unusable namely:
>
>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=472566
>  and the FreeSerif one which makes FF segfault

You can do that, but I don't recommend it.
* it is likely to cause other problems
* it will take a lot of work on your part, for small problems that
affect few people
* I will produce another release soon with these particular problems fixed.

If you must fix these problems right away, pull the latest versions out of CVS
(use the Makefile to build ttf fonts...I'm not saving the hints in CVS
any more, and the Makefile does an auto-hint).

>  don't worry: you're doing a great job!
>  After such a long time with no release, freefont needed some fresh air.

Thanks for saying that.  To be honest, I have been feeling a little beseiged.

Cheers!