Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] New release: GNU FreeFont

Christian,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:24 AM, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting Steve White (stevan.white@googlemail.com):
>
>  >
>  > > Kartik Mistry expressed interest but it might take him some time to be ready.
>  > >
>  > If they aren't on the list, please pass on to them that there is a
>  > present need for this work, and that I would personally be grateful
>  > for it.
>
>  Kartik is on the list. If he can't do it, I guess that one of us will
>  put his other tasks aside and package the new fontforge
>  version. Thankfully, this is not generally a very complicated task.

I am unfortunately not in a position to volunteer.

But it shouldn't be necessary.  So far nobody has shown me where in
the Debian guidelines it says fonts have to be compiled "from source".
 And even if it is there, we should change it, because it doesn't make
sense in principle, and as we are now seeing, it impedes development.

Cheers.