Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] New release: GNU FreeFont

Davide

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:06 AM, Davide Viti <zinosat@tiscali.it> wrote:

>  This convinces me even more that font packages should be accompained by
>  screenshots / glyph charts giving some visual evidences; this is something
>  I already do with ttf-dejavu (see [1]), and I will certainly setup for
>  ttf-freefont as well.

 It is indeed a good idea.

I already have such a test suite for FreeFont that I use to test
various aspects of it.  In fact, the ommissions in Arabic in the last
release were due to my failure to re-run that test.

Soon I will upload the test suite to the FreeFont site.

But this wouldn't have helped in this case--it's a software version problem.

Cheers!