Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] Sponsoring a font package

Weytk,

Thanks Christian and Paul for your feedback.  I was told the best
route to get this package in Ubuntu would be to have it included in
Debian.

I'll fix all of this and upload the fixed package to
mentors.debian.net.  I guess I'll jo'-in the pkg-fonts team Christian.
 I think Nicolas did suggest that, I joined the Ubuntu fonts team not
the Debian team.  I am subscribed to the list.

I'm not sure about how upstream edits the fonts.  I'll have to ask
upstream about this.  I renamed the fonts for looks. The original
names had spaces in them so i replaced them with '-' and lowercased
the letters.  When I do the upload I'll use the newer versions and
keep the names as is.

As far as making two different packages for Sans and Serif.  I think
I'll work on just keeping it as one package.

As far as the package name "aboriginal", it is the name of the font
Aboriginal Sans and Aboriginal Serif.  I know it means different
things in different places, but I think the name should stick with the
font package and have a better description to make things clear that
it is  specific to North American Indigenous Languages.