Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] [Pkg-fonts-bugs] ttf-gentium: please move the package to the pkg-fonts team or orphan

On 6/21/07, Nicolas Spalinger <nicolas_spalinger@sil.org> wrote:

Glad to hear that Gürkan is now willing to do what has been asked for a
long time.

I wasn't aware of this issue, apologies.

But could you *please* wait for others in the team to review his
packaging fixes before sponsoring? I suggest a branch in svn.

Sure. I won't be sponsoring him or anyone else once debconf is over
anyway because I will not have time/net. I don't see the issues I see
with the package being resolved by then.

Gürkan is now apparently restarting the NM process again under Daniel
Baumann's supervision.

Daniel has been sponsoring his packages, but nothing more - he has no
advocate yet.

So will he react to the bugs?
Has he looked at the current packaging in svn?

Apparently, since he integrated some of your changes.

What reasons does he have for not joining the team?

Hasn't given any other than not wanting to learn SVN.

I certainly agree with Christian that he needs to learn svn and it is
not that hard. We can't force people to cooperate and join the team but
it's going to be a huge pain if every maintainer reacts like that!
Either we work in a team or we don't.

IMO, one of the strengths (and weaknesses) of Debian is the diversity
of approaches we allow.

Do you realize I'd tried to get this situation resolved for a few years
now? How much longer now?

I had no idea. The first I saw of it was the bugs you filed on ttf-gentium.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise