[Pkg-fonts-devel] Re: [Openfontlibrary] Re: [DejaVu-fonts] forming new maintenance team for MPH 2B Damase?

I believe all non-original glyphs have been edited out of the font in
the latest version. This was undertaken by Paul Wise, I do not know if
he has committed the changes yet, but it is in progress.

Mr Gaultney's allegation that he "recognizes many font styles" is
irrelevant. Styles of font cannot be copyrighted. Indeed, there are
often many different individual font _faces_ by many different authors
which share _styles_ although the shapes of the glyphs still differ.

Victor is welcome to comb the ranges whose "styles" he recognizes, and
he will find that while I may have been inspired by previous fonts,
the glyphshapes are original (the only exception that comes to mind is
Sylheti). One way you can tell is that I left many of the glyphs
"unfinished" from my original drawings, that is, the contours are not
smoothed, which causes certain glyphs to look bad in large type sizes.
I had intended to fix this, and the vertical alignment issue with
glyphs in certain ranges (especially Latin) in later versions of the
font. However I am too busy now to do so. and I wonder if the uniquely
misaligned appearance of glyphs in the Latin range and the unfinished
appearance of glyphs in certain other ranges hasn't become a signature
of the font.

Mark