Re: help on assigning invalid IP addresses

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020, Emil Pedersen wrote:
Just to check, do you have a specification for the "invalid" subnet in some way in the dhcp server pointing in the same direction as the "good" subnet?

I have

subnet 10.240.13.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
}

and the dns server has 10.240.13.3/24 assigned ....

It was quite a long time since I messed with dhcp so I may be wrong but I think that is required for what you want. Like setting an extra (invalid) address on the same interface and maybe a shared network wrapping with both of the networks in the dhcp config (no available addresses for the bad one except the one fixed to the device).

bit question is: if i give addresses, even just one, in the "invalid" network how can I be sure that are not assigned to regular clients ?

--
Leonardo Boselli
DICeA