limit speed of 2 IPs using iptables

Hello everyone.
I do have a VPS running services for me, such as:
-email server
-web server
-openvpn for remote connection
-ssh

the available speed is 10Mbps
up to now the system is protected by iptables and allows only the forementioned services and blocks the brute force attackers.
I have noticed that when i get connected through openvpn it consumes all the available traffic of the system, as far i am using it. So i would like to limit it down to 1Mbps maximum speed.
The VPS has a public IP such as 62.62.38.100 and the OPENVPN user when gets connected it has an IP from the range 10.0.8.0/24. The VPS has the 10.0.8.1/24 IP for the OPENVPN as a getway.
Is there a way to limit the speed of download/upload of the connected users through OPENVPN?

John