Network adapter recommendations

Hello list,

Working on a traffic control system with debian wheezy. This setup will be in bridge mode and will probably have certain dynamic rules to avoid some simple attack patterns. While talking to a friend he mentioned these bypass network adapters that sound like a great idea for what I want to achieve.
These adapters change to bypass mode when the card power is lost. This means that if for some reason the server fails, the traffic would continue to flow, without control of course. But for this setup that's desirable.

So the question is, does anyone knows if any of these adapters work with debian out of the box ?. Is there anyone out there using them ?. Do they really work ?.

These are an example of the adapters I'm talking about:

http://www.silicom-usa.com/Gigabit_Ethernet_Bypass_Networking_Server_Adapters

Thanks in advance for your time.

--
Carlos Ramos