Re: acme-firewall

On 2012-01-20T00:13:37+0100, Arturo Borrero Gonzalez <cer.inet@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> I've been working on a debian package with a basic iptables-based
> firewall system.
>

> I read some info regarding debian and firewalling here:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianFirewall
> http://wiki.debian.org/Firewalls
> http://wiki.debian.org/iptables

[...]
> I see this basic approach a nice way to include a firewall as a
> service in the system. No one of the packages listed in the debian
> wiki seems to only deploy a structure where the system admin can build
> his own firewall. This package just try to do that.

The iptables-persistent package is missing from those wiki pages. I
haven't tried it, but it may be worth looking at.

Maybe you could just install iptables-persistent and distribute the
iptables rules that you want, using puppet for example (of course, if
you're using puppet you would automate the installation of the package
too). Or, you could build your own local version of the package with
the default configuration you want.

--
Kenyon Ralph