Re: First Steps.

On 6 September 2011 02:57, Chris Bell <chrisbell@chrisbell.org.uk> wrote:
  If you need a quick and easy system as a stop-gap have a look at
http://www.ipcop.org

Thanks.
I've used Firestarter now and again, also, but I need to get serious for a change.
I've got connection through a router, so I'll just rely on the firewall on that for a short while.

This is the initial stage of gradually building a whole network - a couple of old 486 boxes for a firewall and mail server, for example, as a self-educating process.
Regards,

Weaver.
by the wise as false,
and by the rulers as useful.