Re: Tc filter does not filter

Hi

It would help if you could explain to us what you want to achieve with that
script.

> #!/bin/bash
> # Name of the traffic control command.
> TC=/sbin/tc
>
> # The network interface we're planning on limiting bandwidth.
> IF=eth5             # Interface

How does traffic flow through this interface? Where does it come from, where
does it go? And what do you want to do about it?

> # Download limit (in mega bits)
> LIMIT=500kbps          # DOWNLOAD Limit
>
> # Filter options for limiting the intended interface.
> U32="$TC filter add dev $IF protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 1 u32"
>

> # delete any current qdisc -- in and out
> $TC qdisc del dev eth5 root    2> /dev/null > /dev/null
> $TC qdisc del dev eth5 ingress 2> /dev/null > /dev/null
>
> $TC qdisc add dev $IF root handle 1: htb default 30
> $TC class add dev $IF parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate $LIMIT
> $U32 match ip dport 22 0xffff flowid 1:1
> $U32 match ip dport 22 0xffff flowid 1:1

You repeated the same rule twice, I don't think that does anything.

I don't know much about tc, so I'm just guessing. Is it your
intention to limit traffic going to SSH servers?

Cheers
Stephan