Re: /etc/init.d/iptables

Hello,

Ivan Shmakov a écrit :
> 	I do know that /etc/init.d/iptables was removed sometime around
> 	Sarge.  What I do not know is the reasoning for such a change.

Maybe because the maintainer did not like it nor recommend its use ?
The file /etc/default/iptables in the iptables package from woody
contains the following comment :

-- start quote --
# Q: You concocted this init.d setup, but you do not like it?
# A: I was pretty much hounded into providing it. I do not like it.
#    Don't use it. Use /etc/network/interfaces, use /etc/network/*.d/
#    scripts use /etc/ppp/ip-*.d/ script. Create your own custom
#    init.d script -- no need to even name it iptables.  Use ferm,
#    ipmasq, ipmenu, guarddog, firestarter, or one of the many other
#    firewall configuration tools available. Do not use the init.d
#    script.
--- end quote ---