Re: enabling ip_forward, slow my network rate

Paolo wrote:
On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 04:40:31PM -0400, Manuel Mely wrote:
kernel version?

#lsmod
iptable_nat             7812  1
ip_nat                 17740  1 iptable_nat

I'm not running any firewall rule. The default policies are this:

so why do you have ip_*/xt_* modules loaded? unless I misunderstand your orig msg, you're just doing

%  sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1

then if that's the case, check both situations without unneeded modules.
In the (old) case I mentioned, the w/round was to unload+reload the modules
(if/when needed).

Checking here on Etch + 2.4.25.4, no nf modules, I see no differences between ip_fw 0/1.

I have kernel 2.6.18-5-xen-686 . Yes i'm using xen 3.0.3 a the host with problem is one of my VMs. But i think this is not the problem because i have others xen hosts (dom0) and network rating in there guests are normal.

I tell you later about the ip_*/xt_* modules loaded.. let me see why i have this loaded.