Re: simple router

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 14:45 -0300, Ezequiel Larrarte wrote:

> First, try a simple example:
> eth0 - ur interface attached to ur dsl modem
> address 10.0.0.1
> netmask 255.0.0.0.0
> network 10.0.0.0
> broadcast 10.255.255.255
>
> eth1 - ur lan interface
> address 192.168.1.1
> netmask 255.255.255.0
> network 192.168.1.0
> broadcast 192.168.1.255
>
> start ur dsl connection
> # pon dsl-provider (or whatever name u ve choosen)
>
> masquerade packets
> # iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE
>
> verify ur dsl connection is started
> # ifconfig ppp0       |
> # ip a s dev ppp0   | it s the same
>
> configure a lan computer
> address 192.168.1.2
> netmask 255.0.0.0.0
> network 10.0.0.0
> broadcast 10.255.255.255
> gateway 192.168.1.1
>
> try to ping something on the internet
> $ ping 209.85.195.99
> (this is a google host)

 My DSL modem is working as router and has a ppp0 iface, I have only
ethX ifaces on my debian router, I don't want a firewall on my debian
router, just shaping for my local network. One firewall on my dsl modem
is good enough for me.
 DSL modem is working good, I have an internet connection on my eth0
iface, but haven't nothing in my eth1 and eth2 ifaces, how to configure
routes from eth0 to my local network via eth1,2?
 I know hot to shape traffic via eth1,2 with wondershaper, you can see
that in my /etc/network/interfaces config.