Re: [OT] Wifi Access Points

Dnia Tue, 15 May 2007 18:42:19 +0200
Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> napisał(a):

> I was thinking, that I install the Wifi-Routers like a Chess-Table in
> a distance of 300-400 meters (my used Ethernet repeaters support up to
> 500 meters).
>
> And yes, they should have free access to my whole Domain but need to
> authenticat if using the Internet-Gateway...

Without digging it too much..

- routers : mikrotik based on wds + routerboard 5Ghz (atheros 5xxx go to mikrotik.com )
- monitoring : cacti ond debian of course ;)
- authentication - probably pppoe router on debian (don't know your demands)
- management : dude(tm) (mikrotik.com)

I've got one medium network based on mikrotiks and it's the best thing I've ever managed .

regards

--
Wojciech Ziniewicz
Unix SEX :{look;gawk;find;sed;talk;grep;touch;finger;find;fl