Re: what http/https/ftp/smts proxy/relay to use on a network firewall

On 2007-03-21 Léo Goehrs wrote:
>> What exactly is a "layer 3 proxy for server publications" supposed to
>> be?
> I Would say this is how Microsoft ISA Works. You decide what resources
> you publish.

I am not familiar with ISA server. Which kind of "resources" is going to
be "published"? And what does that have to do with layer 3?

>>> handle (s)ftp (maybe a separate component)
>> Why would you want to break ssh?
> Who is talking of ssh ?

Ah, I was misreading "(s)ftp" as (ssh-)"sftp". My bad.

Ansgar Wiechers
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
becoming available."
--Jason Coombs on Bugtraq