Re: Problems with transparent proxy in my gateway

mario@cancun.net wrote:
Hi there, I'm using Squid for transparent proxy, from linux clients I can access to hotmail and use msn messenger. But when I try to access hotmail.com and msn messenger from XP clients, they can't access. In IE settings, as used in transparent proxy, the setting for http proxy is "direct conection". If I change this setting to http proxy to gateway:3128, XP clients can access to hotmail.com but not to msnmessenger. When I use transparent proxy settings in IE, trying to sing to hotmail.com, browser hangs accessing to 'login.live.com' which I think is authentication server.

Mozilla-firefox in XP clients neither access to hotmail.com.

Does the XP clients get access to the gateway and DNS ? could be that the windows firewall is blocking access.
Also how have you setup the transparent proxy ? NAT + Port redirection ?

--
Random Quotes From Megas XLR
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff.