Re: Problem DNAT using ppp0 ADSL

2006/7/11, Ronan Lopes <lopesronan@yahoo.com.br>:
I am having problems to use DNAT in one gateway with
external interface ppp0 and internal interface eth1 Already
I placed MTU low 890 of eth0 very;  but ppp0
only connects with MTU 1492 would like to reduce this
MTU, therefore when I use the rule:

iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m tcp --tcp-flags \
SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS --clamp-mss-to-pmtu

and

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 3389 \
-j DNAT --to 10.0.0.7

    it does not function!
set mtu for all eth's to 1500 and for ppp use 1492 (or 1490 does not matter)
setting very low mtu is dangerous for big networks due to linux weak
packet fragmentation..

regards
--
Wojciech Ziniewicz            |  jid:zeth@chrome.pl