Re: ssh connection survives reboot of stateful iptables router

also sprach Jozsef Kadlecsik <kadlec@blackhole.kfki.hu> [2006.07.04.1143 +0200]:
> That is false, because from connection tracking point of view a plain ACK
> packet which does not belong to any existing connections has got a state,
> which is NEW. That is why connection pickup can work.

Yeah, and so it's not INVALID. I did not know about connection
tracking, but other than that, the following two are equivalent, no?

  accept ESTABLISHED,RELATED
  drop INVALID
  accept --dport 22
  drop

and

  accept ESTABLISHED,RELATED
  accept --dport 22 --syn
  drop

`. `'`

"if you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost;
 that is where they should be. now put the foundations under them."
                                                -- henry david thoreau