Re: fw newb, locking oneself out, unroutable addresses

gcrimp@vcn.bc.ca napisał(a):

>However, that same rfc also mentions 0.0.0.0/8 as referring to "this"
>network, and 0.0.0.0/32 as referring to "this" host on "this" network. I
>don't get this.  In routing tables, does 0.0.0.0 mean "anywhere" or some
>such.  Should I be allowing packets with a source ip of 0.0.0.0 or dropping
>them?

Yes , 0.0.0.0 means anywhere.
All in all if You lost contact with your console, you always
have the "reset" key in your box ;) Just remember not to
put your iptables right to the init.d and You won't be lost.

--
Pozdrawiam, 			|Wojciech Ziniewicz
wojciech.ziniewicz@gmail.com	|Wanna gmail?