Re: can't transfer files via ftp

> Nonsense.
> The FTP protocol uses only TCP, not use UDP. 21/TCP is the destination
> port  for the client -> server control connection. 20/TCP is the source
> port in active mode for the server -> client data transfer connections.
> 20/TCP is not used in passive mode.
Do an FTP connection and LOG ALL with TCPDUMP.
I've not found any server that accepts active mode, but passive mode
do the following:
1 - Connect to remote ftp server at port 20 UDP
2 - I've to do a login, anonymous work? yes...
3 - Connect to remote ftp server at port 21 TCP
4 - Receive data...

When I've blocked the port 20 UDP the connection couldn't be established.

--
Maxwillian Miorim - LPIC1 (LPID 85928)
miorimmax@gmail.com

Kit Total-Nerd-Tabajara: Slackware 10.2 e OpenBSD 3.8