Re: Layer 7 firewall

> Hi,
> I am successfully running ipp2p v0.8.1_rc1 with iptables v1.3.5 in an
> enterprise environment. Just download it from http://www.ipp2p.org/.
> You will need the iptables-dev package to compile it. It will generate
> a kernel module and a dynamic library. I remember I had to edit the
> Makefile to fix some path variables. On the project site you will find
> documentation and examples on how to apply it.
>
> Good luck.

I tell you what I did.

I downloaded the source package for iptables v1.3.5 and copied the
source in /usr/src/iptables-1.3.5.0debian1. Install the iptables-dev
package (although I think it's not necessary if you install the
iptables source package). You'll need the kernel-headers package too.
I sent you my Makefile. With this setup you just need to do make in
the directory where the sources are. If you succeed, you will find a
dynamic library libipt_ipp2p.so, which you'll have to copy to
/lib/iptables/ and a kernel module called ipt_ipp2p.ko (supposing you
have a 2.6.x kernel in your system). Copy ipt_ipp2p.ko in
/lib/modules/<your_kernel_version>/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_ipp2p.ko
and type depmod -a.

Try loading the module with modprobe ipt_ipp2p. If everything is OK
try the following command:
iptables -m ipp2p --help

You should see some info about the usage of this module.