Re: Redirect to domain name instead of ip [SOLVED]

Kenny skrev:
> If you have control over the DHCP server, and the destination system has
> a static MAC address (as in you don't change systems occasionally), have
> dhcp3-server offer a fixed-address based on the MAC:
>
> host intrahostname {
>     hardware ethernet 00:60:B0:9B:59:2D;
>     fixed-address 172.16.0.30;
> }

I started with DDns, because i wanted to avoid fixed ip (no matter
"real" fixed or via MAC). But after replying your first mail, i
started to see the problems. Especially if the host isn't online,
then there will be no hostname to resolve. So there is nothing else
to do, that go fixed.

Thanks for the inputs...

/Lars