Re: traffic stats

Hi,
I suggest you use cacti, but you have to install the snmp service on your server and you will be able to check out the use of your bandwith. Then, you can also setup ntop ( network top ) . With this software,
you can have a good idea of how much bandwith is used per protocols
What's more with cacti, you can have an historical view. However with ntop, it's only a daily report.

Hans du Plooy a écrit :
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a good and accurate package which will keep track
of the traffic going in and out of my firewall on the wan interface, and
from which clients they originate.  I want to be able to see, per day
and per month, how much traffic each client generated.

Something like the output of the "Traffic Control & Report" plugin for
IP-COP.  Not really the gui, just the output.  It sends a mail daily,
looking something like this.

User  IP        MAC               Traffic
Hans  10.0.0.11 00:11:22:33:44:55 124 MB

Setup is Debian Sarge (although I might make it etch soon) two network
interfaces, one hooked up to ADSL, the other internal lan.  Ordinary
iptables NAT to give everybody access to the internet.

Thanks
Hans