Re: Is it possible to target rule in one table to a user defined chain in another?

В Срд, 31/05/2006 в 20:35 +0200, Pascal Hambourg пишет:

> [I'm very sorry about the probably poor roman spelling of your name but
> I can't use the cyrillic charset. Please correct.]

No problem, you don't have to spell it. The English variant is in the
buttom, just in case :)

> Pokotipenko Kostik wrote :
> >
> > Is it possible to target rule in one table to a user defined chain in
> > another?
>
> No. Each table is independent, so you can only call user-defined chains
> which belong to the same table. If you need the same chain in different
> tables (although it sounds a little strange, as tables have different
> purposes and targets), you have to duplicate it in every table where
> it's needed. The duplicate chains can have the same name because the
> tables are independent.

Thanks. It seem I was a bit confused. It really was a silly idea. There
is probably no use for that.

I have another question, will post in different thread ("How to kill
DNAT'ed connection").

--
Pokotilenko Kostik <casper@meteor.dp.ua>