Re: iptables and squid

Luis wrote:
> helloo everyone finally im controlling all the input and output traffic on
> my network
> now i would like to control the traffic and internet /intranet access via
> squid
> example
> network
> 10.x.x.x-external network
> how can i redirect all the packets/ports to squid ? or at least control
> the bandwith using iptables
Make the gateway for all the PCs in the internal network.
Then on the gateway, use iptables and redirect all ports to the port
squid listens to.
eg : to redirect port 80 traffic to squid's 3128 :
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 3128

Random Quotes From Megas XLR
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break
Jamie: When in doubt, blow up a planet.
Kiva: It's an 80 foot robot, if we can't see it, absolutely it's not here.
Glorft Technician: Unnecessary use of force in capturing the Earthers
has been approved.