Re: Iptables DROP packets but Nmap show the ports opened !!

Basgen, Brian wrote:

> If your iptables is protecting only this box, I'd suggest you remove the
> rules and scan the machine again. Since I'm not familiar with all your
> iptables rules <snip>

Yes.
Remove the ruleset and do the portscan again. My guess is (if you are
absolutely sure that something like inetd is not running on your box) that
there are either router acl's or another firewall giving these results.
If you can then scan the box from another machine, preferably on the same
subnet/vlan.

Henk

--
Henk Roose <Henk.Roose@cwi.nl>
CWI - Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica