Re: how to

Hello,

On 2006-03-18 itachi@cnt.uo.edu.cu wrote:

how can i run as service my iptables ? 4 example /*etc/init.d/iptables
start restart stop .

There was such an /etc/init.d/iptables startup script in the Debian oldstable, Woody. But the maintainer himself did not like it and discouraged its use, so he eventually removed it from the current Debian stable, Sarge. Instead he advised to run scripts from /etc/network/if-up/, /etc/network/if-up.d/, /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/, etc. which are called when an interface comes up. See /etc/init.d/iptables from the oldstable iptables packages.

i am running my firewall with an script added on rc.boot
but that becamed kinda troublesome

And kinda deprecated too.

now i can't add new rules cose the firewall does not asimilate the rules

Can you elaborate ?

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers a écrit :
Please go to www.netfilter.org and read the turorials. Read the iptables
man-page as well.

I'm afraid that the Netfilter/iptables tutorials, as valuable as they can be, won't help much about the integration of an iptables ruleset script into a specific distribution.