DROP or REJECT with STATE flags

Is there any advantage/disadvantage of using state for DROPS and REJECTS ?

I noticed I had the following rules which I really don't understand on my
transparent bridge.`

IPTABLES="/sbin/iptables"
OINT="eth1"

$IPTABLES -I FORWARD -m state --state INVALID -j DROP
$IPTABLES  -A FORWARD  -p tcp -m state -m physdev --physdev-in $OINT -s 129.2.16.23/32 --destination-port 25 --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j REJECT
$IPTABLES  -A FORWARD  -p tcp  -m state  -m physdev --physdev-in $OINT --destination-port 1:1024 --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j REJECT
$IPTABLES  -A FORWARD  -p udp  -m state  -m physdev --physdev-in $OINT --destination-port 1:1024 --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j REJECT

Ted Knab
Chester, Maryland  21619 USA
The perception of knowledge is an egotistical farce in which
humans extrapolate from simplifications.