band accounting by subnet

I have three servers, used both for intranet and extranet.
currently they are all inside the same subnet .
since i have to move one in a different subnet (on a different router port), I
would put there the one that has the lighter traffic to inside, to avoid an
additional load on the router.
Is there a way to totalize traffic in a NIC divided in "internal" (that is packet
sent to address in localnet) and external (sent outside the subnet), sa i
could decide the move based on the higher difference in favour to
external traffic?
I saw once a program that did this ... but i lost it ...

--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo informatico e Telematico