iptables init scripts missing in Sarge 3.1 stable?

I've recently installed the stable version of Debian stable (3.1) by
downloading the iso from http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/.  In previous
installations, there was a /etc/init.d/iptables script,
/etc/default/iptables, and a repository of iptables-save files in
/var/lib/iptables.

This installation doesn't have that, yet a variety of howtos seem to
imply it should.

iptables is infact installed:

kurt@grfx:~$ dpkg -l iptables
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                                    Version
            Description
ii  iptables                                1.2.11-10
            Linux kernel 2.4+ iptables administration tools

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kurt