Re: Firewall-troubleshooting

Hi,

Yes the script is kind of long and tedious in its respects. My initial
purpose was to set this up at a remote facility with around 20 systems. I
have also tried to get info from iptables -L chian, but noticed that the
rules seem to be ok. If people want I can put the output for iptables -L
chain. I am trying to block out everything accept what i need. I think that
my firewall optimization is kind of crap but I am in process of working on
that. The other thing that I just noticed is that my order for rules is not
very properly laid out. I should have had the most active rules up ontop
right before all the drop rules. I am asking for help if anyone notices
anything interesting or decides to just suggest a more optimized approach
to things let me know. I tried some automated firewall scripting programs,
and just feel that a lot of them are just designed to save time for the
lazy, and then you waste a lot of time trying to correct the script. These
programs have their users I am just not one of them. I have also learned
that iptables have some very interesting and helpful modules. If someone
knows anything about that, then I would appreciate if they let me know
where I could get them.

Best Regards

kc