Re: A query about interfaces

Hi,

* Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> [2005-04-25 18:28:22 +1000]:

>On 25 Apr 2005, Milan P. Stanic wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 10:19:55PM +1000, Daniel Pittman wrote:
>>> sit0 is a generic tunnelling interface.  You have one of the IP
>>
>> Daniel, are you sure that sit is *generic* tunneling interface and
>> not IPv6 specific i.e. Simple Internet Transition tunneling interface?
>
>No.  I think you are right, actually, and I confused which sort of

So, if I understand right this tunnels all the ipv6 requests as ipv4 and
vice-versa. In my firewall configuration I should only consider lo and eth0
and may ignore this altogether.

Regards.
--
Ajitabh Pandey
http://www.geocities.com/ajitabhpandey

Q:	How many lawyers does it take to change a light bulb?