Re: iptables+sarge

Enrique Morfin wrote:

Hi!

I want to make an ACL qith MAC, but i got some
troubles:

if i use:

iptables -I FORWARD -s 192.168.1.1 -m mac --mac-source
00:AA:BB:CC:DD:EE -j LOG

it logs all the 192.168.1.1 packets, but if i change
to:

iptables -I FORWARD -s 192.168.1.1 -m mac --mac-source
00:AA:BB:CC:DD:EE -j ACCEPT

Just change from LOG to ACCEPT, and no packet is
forwarded. (policy is DROP).

Any idea?
Thanks

__________________________________ Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday! Yahoo! Netrospective: 100 Moments of the Web http://birthday.yahoo.com/netrospective/

try in a terminal "tcpdump -n -i eth0" and in another terminal tcpdump -n -i eth1 and look if a packet coming on internal interface and is forwarded to external interface, if that occurs, than, look for if the packet comes back. Like you sad, your police is DROP, so you must permit all packets that comes back, unless if you are using the stateful feature of iptables.
and don't forget echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

regards
--

João Victor Almeida Di Stasi