Re: Doubt chain FORWARD

On 2005-02-28 aspenbr@yahoo.com.br wrote:
> I have one I doubt, which advantage and desvantagen of define chain
> FORWARD as standard ACCEPT .

Not sure if I understand your question correctly. Are you asking if it
is a good idea to use ACCEPT as the default policy in the FORWARD chain?
If that's your question, the answer is no. Unless you know exactly what
you are doing, the default policy for *any* chain should be DROP.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety, and will lose both."