Re. LTSP, iptables, & Firestarter.

Thanks Tomas.

~    '/etc/gconf/schemas/firestarter.schemas' exists

~    and I've tried your suggestion of apt-removing and re- installing
Firestarter

.. with no change.

~     I'll just have to find the time and space to get my head
completely around iptables.

Cheers,

Adam Bogacki,
afb@paradise.net.nz

.. a fan of Havamal.

|Message: 4
|Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 14:03:44 +0200
|From: Tomas Junnonen <tomas@fs-security.com>
|Subject: Re: [Firestarter-user] LTSP, iptables, & Firestarter.
|To: firestarter-user@lists.sourceforge.net
|
|Adam Bogacki wrote:
|
|>> ~    The thing was to declare eth1 as a trusted interface to the
|>> firewall. Inspired by
|>> Jim McDougalls's ltsp FAQ [section 7.2.4.1 in |>> http://www.ltsp.org/documentation/ltsp-4.1/ltsp-4.1-2-en.html ]
|>> I dived into iptables and adapted Oskar Andreasson's
flush-iptables script

http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html#ABOUTTHEAUTHOR

|>> ]
|>> which I attach below. It works. LTSP rocks (I credit Jim) and I
have an
|>> impressed 80 yr. old compulsive emailer on my hands.
|

|You can not use this at the same time as Firestarter. To mark an
|interface as trusted in Firestarter, go the policy page and add a "Allow
|connections" rule for the network eth1 uses, for example
"192.168.0.1/24".